The Mongolian University of Science and Technology
The Mongolian University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a multidisciplinary and multileveled university for education, training and scientific research. It is also one of the largest centers for scientific and cultural exchanges in Mongolia.
The University assumes the following functions:
- to commence and promote research in applied science, technology, industry, and political science for the advancement of knowledge and for the betterment of society
- to provide facilities and offer opportunities for graduate and post-graduate education in art, science, technology, engineering and management by instruction, training, research and development
- to devise and implement programs of education in science and technology that are relevant to the changing needs of society, in terms of breadth of diversity and depth of specialization
- to serve as a center for fostering co-operation and the exchange of ideas between the academic and research community on the one hand and industry on the other
- to organize exchange programs with other national and international institutions with a view of keeping abreast of the latest developments in relevant areas of teaching and research
The University contributes to the advancement and integration of knowledge, professional skills and technology along with their intelligent, sustainable and enterprising application for the benefit of humanity.
The academic activities in the University abides by the list of training fields made by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science of Mongolia and with accordance to the training programs and curriculum designed for each degree in:
- Doctoral Degree (Doctor of Philosophy-Ph.D.)
- Master's Degrees (Master of Arts-M.A., Master of Science-M.Sc., Master of Engineering- M.Eng., Master of Computer Science-M.CS., Master of Public Administration-M.PA, Master of Business Administration-M.BA, Master of Industrial Management- M.IM, Master of Information Technology-M.IT)
- Bachelor Degree (Bachelor of Arts-B.A., Bachelor of Science-B.Sc., Bachelor of Engineering-B.Eng., Bachelor of Computer Science-B.CS., Bachelor of Public Administration-B.PA, Bachelor of Business Administration-B.BA, Bachelor of Industrial Management-B.IM, Bachelor of Information Technology-B.IT)
Prospective students who decide to come to the University for undergraduate or postgraduate study find that the quality of both teaching and research is very high. Students are basically free to select any number of courses across the gamut of fields of their study, so that they can engage in extensive and interdisciplinary study of their own particular interest. In order to meet the needs of community and society, the University organizes two forms of training at the undergraduate level:
Regular Full-time training: Students mostly are secondary school graduates who continue to study after passing an entrance examination.
In-Service Training: Students study and work at the same time. Most of trainings are organized during evening hours. These students are secondary school graduates and have passed an entrance examination. The duration of study is equal to that of the regular. Building upon historical strengths in engineering, mathematics, mechanics, physics and management, the Mongolian University of Science and Technology campus currently offers over 3,500 courses in more than 134 undergraduate majors and specializations at17 schools of the University.
All schools offer Master's Degree programs in over 100 majors. Programs of doctoral study and research leading to advanced degrees fall under the Office of Graduate Studies. All training programs meet national educational standards. Graduates of all degrees earn appropriate certificates.
The academic year is divided into two semesters of 17.5 weeks each. Each semester is made up of 16 teaching weeks followed by one and half weeks for examination.
Online 1 user
Your IP 220.127.116.11