The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) is an independent, non-profit and non-political student exchange organization. It provides students in technical degrees (primarily Science, Engineering and the applied arts) with paid, course-related, training abroad and employers with highly skilled, highly motivated trainees, for long or short term projects. With over 80 countries involved and exchanging over 4000 traineeships each year worldwide, it is the largest organization of its kind in the world.
The Association was founded in January 1948 at Imperial College, London, where representatives from ten European countries agreed on the initiative. The geographical coverage soon spread to include exchange in over 80 countries on all continents, and IAESTE became a registered body according to Luxembourg law in 2005.Since its inception, IAESTE has exchanged more than 350,000 students worldwide, playing a key role in the development of young engineers and scientists. MUST become Member University in 2001 and has exchanged over 250 trainees within the period.
· To provide students in higher education with technical experience relevant to their studies
· To offer employers well-qualified and motivated trainees
· To be a source of cultural enrichment for trainees and their host communities
· To operate a high quality practical training exchange program between members in order to enhance technical and professional development
· To promote international understanding, co-operation and trust amongst students, academic institutions, employers and the wider community
· To operate irrespective of race, color, gender, culture, religious or political beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression. To promote non-discriminatory practices.
Most placements are for 8-12 weeks during the summer, but longer term placements are also available throughout the year. Trainees must be currently enrolled Full-time in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the time of application and be studying one of the applicable disciplines (see table below) and the ages between of 19 and 30 years old with speak good English. While most positions only require English, foreign language skills are sometimes preferred.
More information, please visit: